Cosplay Rules and Regulations
Cosplay Rules and Regulations
- Weapons that can be used for harm are NOT allowed at Vermont Fan Fest. This is a strict policy and will be checked.
- ALL prop/cosplay weapons are subject to approval or search prior to entering the event by event security.
- ALL prop/Cosplay weapons must be searched at our admission area prior to entering the event. After approval from the personnel on duty, they will clearly mark your prop weapon as approved to enter the venue.
- Removal of the weapons approval mark for any reason will result in you being asked to leave the event, its venue and surrounding grounds.
- ALL prop/cosplay weapons must conform to Vermont and US federal law.
- ALL prop/cosplay weapons must be easily distinguishable from real weapons and must be constructed from safe, lightweight material. Approved materials are rubber, plastic, foam, cardboard, and paper.
- Projectiles or any type of ammunition are forbidden. BB guns, paintball guns, dart guns, blow guns and water guns and their accompanying ammunition will NOT be permitted and will be confiscated until the completion of the day’s event.
- Metal weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden. This includes but is not limited to tools, saws, handcuffs, brass knuckles, knives or blades of any kind, sharp material, swords, or any type of metal or metal dirivative that can be used for harm.
- Costume swords/daggers made from approved materials are allowed, however, may NOT have any sharp edges. Wooden swords are allowed but must be tied to your costume in such a way that they cannot be drawn or unsheathed. Security will zip-tie swords to their sheaths to ensure that they cannot be drawn. If you wish to draw your sword to pose for a picture, it must be made of approved materials. Metal blades are not allowed, whether they are sheathed or not.
- Wood or aluminum/metal bats are NOT permitted.
- Incendiary or flammable weapons are NOT allowed.
- Misuse of any weapon or prop, such as swinging it in a public area or causing hazards to passersby, will result in your privilege being revoked immediately.
- Threatening actions are NOT allowed to anyone within the venue or its surrounding grounds.
- Bags and backpacks are allowed but are subject to a bag check at the discretion of Vermont Fan Fest staff and security.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in your removal from the event and its grounds.
Vermont Fan Fest is a family friendly event. All Cosplay attendees are expected to adhere to the following rules:
- Do not wear clothing that may be considered lewd or inappropriate in a public setting.
- No nudity, partial nudity, or rude/profane clothing/signs will be permitted at the convention. Torsos, male or female, must be covered at all times.
- All attendees must have their private areas covered at all times. Body paint is not a substitution for clothing.
- Clothing must cover a similar area as a modest bathing suit.
- Capes are not accepted in place of shirts. If your cosplay has one, please wear a shirt underneath.
- All attendees must have proper footwear at all times during the convention for health code reasons.
- Wheeled mobility (that is not used for the purpose of accessibility) may not be used inside the Hilton Double Tree Exposition Center. These items include, but are not limited to, roller skates, roller blades, Heely’s, stilts larger than 1 foot, and skateboards. Wheelchairs and other reasonable mobility aids for physical disability are allowed for use.
Attendees in violation of this policy may be asked to change or leave the convention at the Staff member’s discretion.